Interaction Designer, UI/UX
Location: San Francisco, CA
Viscira is an innovative, fast-growing company dedicated to
the development of dynamic new-media communication solutions and
interactive software applications for the life sciences industry. We
provide a suite of programs that incorporate best-in-class technologies
to deliver engaging and memorable content via various electronic
Beyond providing innovative interactive products, we
take a strategic approach that invests in fully understanding the
marketing goals and objectives of our clients. This methodology enables
us to leverage our technology expertise, marketing savvy, and scientific
knowledge to obtain outstanding results.Our current customers include many of the largest companies in the industry such as Pfizer, Genentech, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Allergan, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Cephalon, Takeda and Medtronic.
is a profitable, privately held company that is focused on building a
highly successful business, while maintaining a positive, team-oriented
and collegial work environment. We currently have an exciting
opportunity available for an accomplished Interaction (UX/UI) Designer
to be based in our San Francisco office.
the "User Experience," translate program requirements into defined
functional and interactive specifications that inspire the Design
& Engineering teams to develop for tradeshow, desktop and mobile
- Own the information architecture and
interaction design of the most impactful user interface - related
features and participate in the program definition process with the
Content Writer, Art Director ,Account Manager, Producer and
- Significantly influence product strategy and direction.
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents.
with feature development teams to make sure that the information
architecture reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles resulting in improved user productivity.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High degree of creativity, attention to detail, interaction design and problem solving ability.
- Exceptional drive to design the best user experience possible.
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces.
- Strong program design communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas through design.
- An aptitude for translating client needs and brand characteristics into authentic interface solutions.
- Excellent client-facing presentation & communication skills.
working with various departments( Content, Design, 3D, Motion Graphics,
Development & QA). Enjoys the collaborative team process.
- Ability to competently juggle and prioritize multiple IA projects at a time.
- A solid portfolio of work / samples of interaction design that effectively demonstrates your workflow process.
- A formal education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or Product Design
- 3-5 years of experience in interaction design for desktop, mobile and web programs.
- Expertise in visual design using tools such as inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator is a must.
- Prototyping skills using tools such as Flash,Flex, and Dreamweaver.
well-rounded knowledge of software technologies such as Flash, iOS,
Android and HTML5 and the ability to articulate how they can impact
Other Desired Attributes:
or some knowledge of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech or
general healthcare industries. Some scientifically oriented design
experience is a big plus.
- Previous success working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Interested in Applying?Please send cover email, resume and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with“Interaction Designer” in the subject line.
Due to time constraints, we are interviewing candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area only. NO AGENCIES PLEASE!