Viscira is an innovative, fast-growing company dedicated to the development of dynamic new-media communication solutions and interactive software applications for the life sciences industry. We provide a suite of programs that incorporate best-in-class technologies to deliver engaging and memorable content via various electronic channels.
Beyond providing innovative interactive products, we take a strategic approach that invests in fully understanding the marketing goals and objectives of our clients. This methodology enables us to leverage our technology expertise, marketing savvy, and scientific knowledge to obtain outstanding results. Our current customers include many of the largest companies in the industry such as Pfizer
, Genentech, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Allergan, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Cephalon, Takeda
Viscira is a profitable, privately held company that is focused on building a highly successful business, while maintaining a positive, team-oriented and collegial work environment. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an accomplished Interaction Designer to be based in our San Francisco office.
- Represent the "User Experience," translate program requirements into defined functional and interactive specifications that inspire the Design & Engineering teams to develop for tradeshow,desktop and mobile applications.
- Own the information architecture and interaction design of the most impactful user interface - related features and participate in the program definition process with the Content Writer, Art Director, Account Manager, Producer and Development Lead.
- Significantly influence product strategy and direction.
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents.
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the information architecture reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles resulting in improved user productivity.
Other Desired Attributes:
- High degree of creativity, attention to detail, interaction design and problem solving ability.
- Exceptional drive to design the best user experience possible.
- Proven track record and a passion for designing compelling, award-winning user interfaces.
- Strong program design communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas through design.
- An aptitude for translating client needs and brand characteristics into authentic interface solutions.
- Excellent client-facing presentation & communication skills.
- Experience working with various departments (Content, Design, 3D, Motion Graphics, Development & QA). Enjoys the collaborative team process.
- Ability to competently juggle and prioritize multiple IA projects at a time.
- A solid portfolio of work / samples of interaction design that effectively demonstrates your workflow process.
- A formal education in Interaction Design,Graphic Design, or Product Design
- 3-5 years of experience in interaction design for desktop, mobile and web programs.
- Expertise in visual design using tools such as inDesign,
Photoshop, Illustrator is a must.
- Prototyping skills using tools such as Flash, Flex, and Dreamweaver.
- A well-rounded knowledge of software technologies such as Flash, iOS, Android and HTML5 and the ability to articulate how they can impact interaction design.
- Experience or some knowledge of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech or general healthcare industries. Some scientifically oriented design experience is a big plus.
- Previous success working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.